5 Social Media Success Tips for Construction Companies
Q. Are construction companies using social media in their business? Does it work?Yes I am seeing a lot of construction companies using social media. Some are more successful at it than others, but that is true with anything.
There are a few things you need to consider:
- Social media is a commitment, just like any other kind of outreach you/your company has done in the past. Setting up the accounts and not doing anything else doesn't work.
- Take the time to learn the tools or hire someone to teach you! I cannot stress this one enough. Each tool has subtle do's and don'ts that make getting results actually happen.
- Share relevant content. Yes your blog is important but share links to other articles and videos online and remember to tell stories. Your clients’ don’t truly know about the ins and outs of construction--nor should they. It is your job to properly educate them about what they need to know and to give them a reason to remember you.
- Stay away from mud-slinging, it will only come back to hurt you.
- Social media is a tool. Use the various tools to build relationships with customers, prospects and the market. Your goal is sales, but their expectation is to learn more about you and to find out if they want to contact you.
The great thing about social media is also its downfall—there are no hard and fast rules to success. What works for one company is not necessarily going to work for yours even if you are in the same industry in the same market.
- Blog Articles (127)
- Client Case Studies (14)
- Services Available by Omicle (6)
- Omicle In the Media (33)
- Brand Experience Strategy (30)
- Branding Strategies in Marketing (73)
- Customer Experience Strategy | CX Strategy (48)
- Develop a Growth Mindset Marketing (22)
- Effective Digital Marketing Strategy (40)
- Executive Personal Branding (36)
- Go To Market Strategy (29)
- Holiday Marketing Strategies (1)
- Impact of Business on the Economy (50)
- Importance of Diversity and Inclusion | DEI (1)
- INSIDE OUT Project: The New Board: It Doesn't Hurt to Be Different (5)
- Marketing Operations Strategy (10)
- Multi-Generational Marketing Strategy (11)
- Scaling Your Business (18)
- Scaling Your Business LAUNCH Stage (11)
- Scaling Your Business GROWTH Stage (10)
- Scaling Your Business TRANSFORM Stage (5)
- Social Media Marketing Strategy (51)
- Strategies to Build Brand Loyalty (27)
- Hiring a Fractional CMO or Marketing Agency (1)