You Will Spend Over 5 Years of Your Life on Social Media
The average person will spend over 5 years of their life on social media according to a study done by MediaKix.
According to the study, the average time spent per day on YouTube is 40 minutes, Facebook is 35 minutes, Instagram 15 minutes, and Twitter is a lone one minute. When you add that up over a lifetime it is 5 years and 4 months.
Also keep in mind that it is not just the time spent per platform that is increasing, it is also the number of people using them that is increasing. As of 2016, 50% of the entire US population is on Facebook. Initially, that may convince you that your target market is not using social media. Ultimately, it should show you its growth potential.
That information is just based on today’s usage levels! Can you imagine what those numbers will become? Can you see how many opportunities that is to get your brand in front of your target market?
Now to rattle off all of these statistics doesn’t mean you need to run and jump on the bandwagon. It also doesn’t mean that social media today is going to be the social media standard in ten years. In fact, I am willing to bet it won’t be. Just look at the rapid and steady decline of how much television is watched. Or what about the number of subscriptions to cable versus using services like Netflix and Hulu. I was talking to someone the other day about this very topic. He was saying how ancient he feels because he still does have a cable subscription and people look at him like he is weird.
In order for you to have a successful, profitable, and memorable brand, people need to know about you. In order for them to know you, they need to see you and be educated about how you can help them.
You can be the best in the world at what you do, but if no one knows about you, then you don’t exist. It really is that simple.
- Blog Articles (127)
- Client Case Studies (14)
- Services Available by Omicle (6)
- Omicle In the Media (33)
- Brand Experience Strategy (30)
- Branding Strategies in Marketing (73)
- Customer Experience Strategy | CX Strategy (48)
- Develop a Growth Mindset Marketing (22)
- Effective Digital Marketing Strategy (40)
- Executive Personal Branding (36)
- Go To Market Strategy (29)
- Holiday Marketing Strategies (1)
- Impact of Business on the Economy (50)
- Importance of Diversity and Inclusion | DEI (1)
- INSIDE OUT Project: The New Board: It Doesn't Hurt to Be Different (5)
- Marketing Operations Strategy (10)
- Multi-Generational Marketing Strategy (11)
- Scaling Your Business (18)
- Scaling Your Business LAUNCH Stage (11)
- Scaling Your Business GROWTH Stage (10)
- Scaling Your Business TRANSFORM Stage (5)
- Social Media Marketing Strategy (51)
- Strategies to Build Brand Loyalty (27)
- Hiring a Fractional CMO or Marketing Agency (1)