How to Solve the Challenge of Marketing Successfully to Generation X
The forgotten middle child or the sandwich generation, previously known as “the slackers” or being the “problematic” generation because they never really tried very hard and are very independent. They were the first generation of “latchkey kids” with dual-income families and an increased divorce rate of their parents. Gen X is the smallest generation born between the years 1965-1979. They are juggling raising their kids, paying mortgages and tuition, getting ready to retire, and caring for their parents. They are busy, many are in debt and about 80% of them are online.
What Key Events Influenced Gen X?
- 1972 – Watergate Scandal
- 1979 – Three Mile Island Accident
- 1970s-1990s - Rise of the personal computer
- 1986 – Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster
- 1989 - Fall of the Berlin Wall
- 1990-1991 – Operation Desert Storm / Gulf War
- 1991 - Rodney King Beating
Marketing to Gen X.
Techniques that they prefer include:
- They like email.
- Become loyal to brands that offer rewards.
- Don’t recycle the past. They know what’s been used already, and what’s new. Use new to grab their attention.
- Very results-oriented.
Omicle delivers brand clarity, marketing strategy, and operational efficiency to prepare leaders to scale their business. If you are ready to scale your business, contact us today to get started.
Do You Want to Know More?
This edition of Omicle's Brilliant Insights dives deep into each generation and what works and doesn't work.
- Blog Articles (141)
- Client Case Studies (18)
- Services Available by Omicle (8)
- Omicle In the Media (32)
- Brand Experience Strategy (40)
- Branding Strategies in Marketing (84)
- Customer Experience Strategy | CX Strategy (48)
- Develop a Growth Mindset Marketing (29)
- Effective Digital Marketing Strategy (47)
- Executive Personal Branding (39)
- Go To Market Strategy (29)
- Holiday Marketing Strategies (2)
- Category Design (2)
- Marketing Operations Strategy (15)
- Impact of Business on the Economy (55)
- Scaling Your Business (41)
- Scaling Your Business HUSTLE Stage (30)
- Scaling Your Business GROWTH Stage (34)
- Scaling Your Business TRANSFORM Stage (25)
- Importance of Diversity and Inclusion | DEI (3)
- INSIDE OUT Project: The New Board: It Doesn't Hurt to Be Different (5)
- Multi-Generational Marketing Strategy (11)
- Social Media Marketing Strategy (45)
- Strategies to Build Brand Loyalty (33)
- Guest Post (6)
- Hiring a Fractional CMO or Marketing Agency (9)