Choose Clarity Over Being Cheeky When Building Your Brand
Brand messaging is the art of using the right words to communicate to your target audience the value that you provide. When done correctly, it’s the foundation of Category Design where instead of positioning yourself to directly compete with your competitors, you create a new category, so the market perceives you as the only and best solution for their problem.
A client came to us who was struggling to raise funds. They had a steady stream of revenue, but it barely sustained their current level, and they knew they needed to grow. The brand started as a side project, so no formal marketing or branding had been done. The existing name rhymed with a well-known brand in the industry, and it took them 45 minutes to explain the most basic concept of the business. The mishap with the name had caused investment funds to be sent to the wrong organization and new investors were not willing to waste that much time for them to get to the point.
A Confused Mind Rarely Buys
The first issue here is that there is a lack of clarity and their cheeky approach confused the market and investors. When you copy another brand, you’re setting yourself up to always be compared to them. The reality is, if you are copying them, it means they are better than you. Why would your audience want to work with you when they can work with the real deal? It might have seemed funny at first to have a rhyming name, but they learned really quickly when funds went to the wrong business. It also positions you as an average brand at best. I don’t know about you, but none of my clients want to be average.
Second, get to the point. We are all busy—that’s a fact. If your audience can’t figure out what you do or how you can help them, and fast, they will go to your competitor. Make it easy for them to do business with you.
Just Give Me the Results
Messaging can make or break your brand. It can generate more leads and close sales faster. It makes it easy for your audience to know who you are, understand what you do, and remember you. Category Design takes it one step further creating the perception that you are the only one that can solve this problem in the market.
This company needed a complete rebrand—a new name, a new brand identity, and completely new messaging. They went from struggling to exist to raising more money in the first 90 days of launching the new brand than they ever had.
Download our free eBook, Hidden Truth About Why Your Marketing Doesn’t Work to learn more.
- Blog Articles (141)
- Client Case Studies (18)
- Services Available by Omicle (8)
- Omicle In the Media (32)
- Brand Experience Strategy (40)
- Branding Strategies in Marketing (84)
- Customer Experience Strategy | CX Strategy (48)
- Develop a Growth Mindset Marketing (29)
- Effective Digital Marketing Strategy (47)
- Executive Personal Branding (39)
- Go To Market Strategy (29)
- Holiday Marketing Strategies (2)
- Category Design (2)
- Marketing Operations Strategy (15)
- Impact of Business on the Economy (55)
- Scaling Your Business (41)
- Scaling Your Business HUSTLE Stage (30)
- Scaling Your Business GROWTH Stage (34)
- Scaling Your Business TRANSFORM Stage (25)
- Importance of Diversity and Inclusion | DEI (3)
- INSIDE OUT Project: The New Board: It Doesn't Hurt to Be Different (5)
- Multi-Generational Marketing Strategy (11)
- Social Media Marketing Strategy (45)
- Strategies to Build Brand Loyalty (33)
- Guest Post (6)
- Hiring a Fractional CMO or Marketing Agency (9)