What Do Technology, Sociology, Psychology, and Social Media Have in Common?
"Social media is more about sociology and psychology, than it is about technology" ~ Brian Solis.While I agree with the concept of this quote, overall, I disagree. You can spend all your time studying sociology and psychology--have them mastered if you will. This studying will only make you book smart. You’ll have the ability to see trends in case studies and get a feel for what will probably happen in this situation or that.
But what happens when you actually interact with real people? What happens if the only way you can actually connect with them is through a device or technology that you don't know how to use? Does your studying pay off or are you left wondering how to actually connect and communicate with them?
Knowing and understanding the technology is just as important as understanding sociology and psychology of your market.
- Blog (46)
- In the Media (33)
- Effective Digital Marketing (27)
- Social Media Marketing Business (50)
- Great Company Culture (20)
- Marketing to Different Generations (8)
- Customer Experience Strategy (33)
- Branding Building Strategies (54)
- Why Brand Experience is Important (13)
- Creating Employee Brand Ambassadors (13)
- Business and Economic Development (46)
- Executive Personal Branding (36)
- Case Studies: Website Clients (4)
- Case Studies: Branding and Marketing Clients (4)
- Case Studies (9)
- Services Available by Omicle (4)
- INSIDE OUT Project: The New Board: It Doesn't Hurt to Be Different (5)